Counseling Confidentiality Acknowledgment
On the date purchased, the Counselor (WiseWord and its representatives) has agreed to provide counseling services to the Counselee on the following terms and conditions:
Whereas the parties acknowledge that the counseling services provided are Biblically based and are not part of a licensed discipline governed/regulated by any governmental agency, and;
Whereas the parties acknowledge that the counseling services and confidentiality of the same is conditional for which the Counselee gives authorization and full release of Counselor upon the disclosure of information should contingencies arise that require the same as outlined herein below;
Now therefore, the parties further agree as follows:
Confidentiality – The counselor is very sensitive to the issue of confidentiality. Confidentiality is crucial to an effective and trusting counseling relationship and the counselor will carefully guard the information Counselee entrusts to him/her. There are situations, however, in which the discipleship Counselor may believe that it is wise or mandated (Biblically and/or legally) for them to share certain information with others.
There are five (5) situations where it may become necessary for Counselor to share certain information with others.
By signing this agreement Counselee acknowledges that they are pursuing a form and course of counseling that is in conformity with their faith and Biblical orientation and desire the same to be provided and is being provided in relation to the church community they have voluntarily engaged and further authorizes the Counselor to share information with others in the following limited circumstances:
- When a discipleship Counselor is uncertain how to address a problem and needs to seek advice from another pastor or counselor. The specific name and particular information will be generalized so that the other consultant doesn’t know who the Counselor is counseling (Proverbs 11:14; 24:6).
- When there is concern that someone may be harmed and abused unless government officials intervene (Romans 13:1-7).
- Adult and Domestic Abuse: If we have reasonable cause to believe that an adult is in need of protective services (regarding abuse, neglect, exploitation or abandonment), we may report such to the local agency which provides protective services. If you express a serious threat, or intent to kill or seriously injure an identified or readily identifiable person or group of people, and we determine that you are likely to carry out the threat. We must take reasonable measures to prevent harm. Reasonable measures may include directly advising the potential victim of the threat or intent and/or appropriate criminal agencies.
- Child Abuse: If we have reasonable cause to suspect abuse of children with whom counselor comes into contact we will report this to the appropriate governmental agencies.
- When counseling someone who is under familial authority (e.g. wife to husband, child to parent) the counselor may encourage the Counselee to inform their familial authority and/or the Counselor may inform them (Ephesians 5:22- 6:4).
- When a person refuses to renounce a particular sin, and seeks to continue in counseling with the counselor, it will become necessary to seek the assistance of others in the Counselee’s church to encourage repentance and reconciliation and/or to begin the process of church discipline (Proverbs 15:22, 24:11; Matthew 18:15-20).
- When discussing the information with the observers sitting in on the counseling sessions to assist the Counselor or for training purposes.
Please be assured that our counselors strongly prefer not to disclose your personal information to others (if not needed), and they will make every effort to help you find ways to resolve a problem as privately as possible.
The parties being in full agreement with the terms and conditions herein above, the acceptance of the same being a precondition to Counselor accepting and providing counseling to Counselee, both the Counselor and the Counselee willingly and voluntarily engage in biblical counseling under the guidelines set forth and taking effect immediately upon the scheduling of an appointment.
WiseWord Biblical Counseling follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, WiseWord Biblical Counseling uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read the “What Are Cookies” article on Cookie Consent website.
Note that WiseWord Biblical Counseling has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
WiseWord Biblical Counseling does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to WiseWord Biblical Counseling!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of WiseWord Biblical Counseling’s Website, located at https://wiseword.bible.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use WiseWord Biblical Counseling if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, WiseWord Biblical Counseling and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on WiseWord Biblical Counseling. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from WiseWord Biblical Counseling for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from WiseWord Biblical Counseling
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from WiseWord Biblical Counseling
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from WiseWord Biblical Counseling
- Redistribute content from WiseWord Biblical Counseling
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. WiseWord Biblical Counseling does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of WiseWord Biblical Counseling,its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, WiseWord Biblical Counseling shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
WiseWord Biblical Counseling reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant WiseWord Biblical Counseling a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of WiseWord Biblical Counseling; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to WiseWord Biblical Counseling. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of WiseWord Biblical Counseling’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.